This is a wonderful and easy recipe, the traditional latin dessert Arroz con Leche (rice with milk) with a delicious cinnamon touch.
A sweet snack that I am sure your family will enjoy.
Arroz con Leche Recipe
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 can condensed milk
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- Soak the rice in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes then drain
- Boil the water , add the cinnamon stick and boil for 5 more minutes
- Add the rice, a pinch of salt and cook until the rice is soft
- Add the milk and sugar, mix well and cook for 5 more minutes
- For serving put a teaspoon of condensed milk and cinnamon powder to taste